Saturday, January 31, 2009

What I feel about Slumdog Millionaire...

Every day or the other I hear of the movie ‘Slumdog millionaire’ being in the newspaper for some reason or the other for being in the race for the Oscars or grabbing awards at the Golden Globe awards ceremony or the controversial remarks by the great ‘Big B’. I too being an Indian would like to express my views on the movie.

I too had discussed this movie with all my common friends whose views matched with mine. Though this movie is winning accolades everywhere I found this movie a bit disgusting. Though this movie has excellent cast, a good directing and good music I found it a normal movie with the tag, from rags to riches and it is worth watching only once. It is not as good as the Hindi movie ‘Taare zameen par’ which is hundred times better than Slumdog. Also it hurt me that a big city like Mumbai is shown in dire straits with the dumping grounds, slums and antisocial elements. Though I really admit that these elements exist in Mumbai it was a cheap way of earning money for film by showing all this stuff to westerners. Also such antisocial elements are also present in all western countries and it shouldn’t have been pin pointed only at India. It hurts me that this film shows India in such a poor condition to the world audience.

I would like to tell you all that it is a good movie worth watching once and forgetting it. Any patriotic Indian would feel unhappy about the conditions in which a common Indian is living………….

No comments: