Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fading Light

Sitting near the window seat
the cold wind was lashing my face.
The train was guzzling fuel like a hungry monster
to help us reach on time
We were going away from the city,
I could see the industrial area lights fading

The yellow Victorian era lights
Causing the horizon to look like classic yellow
The yellow shade was visible
for a good 60 miles
and slowly it faded appearing like a single point.

At that moment I looked up
the country side sky was full of stars
Memories of sleeping on terrace resurfaced on my mind
then, I would stare infinitely at the stars

It was long time back
now I don't see the dark nights
The Industrial and city lights have become  an integral part of my life
that I rarely see a moonless dark night.

Life has become so cruel towards us
we miss the dark sky full of stars
Though we don't know the names of countless stars
we still enjoy seeing them endlessly

The wind was still lashing my face
within a few minutes,
I could see another yellow horizon awaiting us,
Another cruel city awaiting us
The stars were slowly disappearing
And the city lights took control of my life.

( P.S-this is the first ever poem written by a guy like me)


No comments: