Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Snooping


After getting a hard fought seat in TNA-VA local in morning, I settled with last minute revision (You can’t revise today’s subject due to its huge complex nature but I can pretend to revise) for today’s exam. A man in age of 25-30’s, well dressed, stands in between the space of two opposite facing row of seats.

Slowly the action starts to unfold. He starts to break free the numerous knots in the headphones that were crumpled in his breast pocket. He takes out his blackberry whose screen had a big scratch (:D) He starts to talk when the train starts in motion and the conversation with the other talker goes on.
Here are some titbits of the interesting conversation.

It turned out that the person was ‘Gujju’ (Gujrati speaking) he was talking so loudly that all my concentration to do revision transpired and I started to listen to this guy. He was complaining about something, here are the two complaints that I remember.

First one, ‘I bought a new trouser worth 1500 INR from Big Bazzar and she washed it in washing machine destroying the fine texture of the trouser. She could have at least asked me before washing it.’

Second one. ‘She buys stale vegetables from Big Bazzar and doesn’t go to buy fresh vegetables from Thane station area‘

He was complaining about his wife and looks like he was newly married. And guess who he was complaining to, his beloved mother. Looks like an arranged marriage and when something goes wrong in the marriage, you can hold your parents responsible for it. (You can’t complain if you have a love marriage) He had a bad night with his lovely wife and was venting out his all frustration on his mother.

Luckily for me the call dropped as we were in a fast moving train(Why a call drops is a mobile communication concept which only telecom engineers can understand :P ) and then he sat with glum face all throughout the journey and I happily started my so called revision. 

No comments: