Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mumbai local trains


Lifeline of Mumbai: local trains

Well many people have written many things about local trains in there blog. I m also going to write about it but in a different manner such that a person not living in Mumbai feels himself lucky to be not a part of so called good life of Mumbai.

My exp. of traveling in local trains is for past two and a half years. From my experience, I can say traveling in d train is equivalent to a nightmare specially during d peak hour of morning. Also from my exp. first class has equivalent rush to second class with only plus point that u have decent people around u who do not pass comments at any other people while traveling and u have a peaceful time ( although I have heard incidences of pick pocketing in first class but very rare)

As my engg. is in Navi Mumbai, I have to travel by train from Kalyan . I have other option of city bus but it takes a lot of pain as concretization of road is taking place on route of my college n speed of bus is reduced thus increasing traveling time. My travel starts with boarding a packed train coming from Titwala, Ambernath, or Karjat. I relax in train for 7 minutes as this is the time I get to take out my hanker chief n wipe my face full of sweat. Then comes Dombivili, a twin city of kalyan where the whole train gets crowded n from there my nightmare starts for 14 minutes till thane. many people try to board d train even if it is packed n try to say to get inside even if it there is no space for an ant to climb inside ….
The train ……..I admire them d most ……..as far my exp., I haven’t heard incidences of train stopping due to tech. errors. It is truly difficult to maintain trains with d mammoth population of Mumbai which uses it.
Also I travel by first class mostly in d two and half years I have traveled for d peaceful environment it offers as I can study in d train.
Every time I travel by train in first class I remember my parents .i recall a incidence 20 years before. They were caught traveling ticket less in first class after coming from a trip. When they boarded d train they realized they were in wrong compartment.
They got out at next station n were caught by ticket checker n they had to pay fine.I say what a bad luck. Whenever I see people traveling by first class getting caught, it reminds me of my mom and dad……..

1 comment:

Sushrut said...

cool man.. nice and vivid description you've made.. keep rockin'!
Also add some links like the irfc.. ;)